On 2.11.2015 11:25 Frantisek Kobzik wrote:
2, Purpose of the system.deleteGuestProfiles API endpoint:
Apparently it serves for deleting unregistered guest virtual instances.
IIUC this could be related to my previous question - it could serve for
cleaning dead guest virtual instances, but this is just my speculation.

Our traces lead to RFE [2] which is a clone of a private RFE [3]. Could
you please take a quick peek and clarify this one? What was the reason
for implementing it?

It was implemented because it was only possible to delete virtual guests in WebUI before. If the virtual guest was deleted as regular system with API, there were remaining entries on Virtualization page according to RFE.

Regards,
--
Jan Dobes
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat