On 11/22/2010 11:41 PM, Colin Coe wrote:
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Marcus Moeller<m...@marcus-moeller.de>  wrote:
Dear Jan.

On you Spacewalk, go to

        https://FQDN/rhn/apidoc/handlers/PackagesHandler.jsp#removePackage

Hope this helps,

You still have to hack orphan package IDs out of the database directly
which is quite annoying.

Obviously, patches welcome.

Please note that not all of us are coders. What I can do is to report
bugs and to help improving the product that way (as I always did in
the past).

If there will be any form of interest in setting up a QA process I am
also willed to help.

--
Greets
Marcus

Hi all

I should be able to come up with a 'packages.findOrphans' API call.
It would only be able to be run by a Satellite admin.

Jan, would that be acceptable from a security/maintenance perspective?

Marcus, would that help solve the problem in the original post?

CC

Hi Colin,

How would that API call be different from channel.software.listPackagesWithoutChannel?

Actually, I think it would help already, if listPackagesWithoutChannel would have some (new) limiting parameters to only select a smaller chunk of packages and thereby work around the 502 problem.

-- red