On 12/10/2010 01:46 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 06:14:59AM -0600, Speagle, Andy wrote:

I've installed the new packages and I after restarting Spacewalk, I still
receive ISEs when trying to add a remote command to a package update operation.
 Here's the tomcat error that's produced by this ISE.

2010-12-10 06:01:29,183 [TP-Processor1] WARN
com.redhat.rhn.common.hibernate.EmptyVarcharInterceptor - Object
com.redhat.rhn.domain.action.script.ScriptRunAction is setting empty string name

Lukáš,

could you please look into this? It looks like EmptyVarcharInterceptor
has fired.

2010-12-10 06:01:29,271 [TP-Processor1] WARN
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Unhandled Exception thrown: class
org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException
2010-12-10 06:01:29,272 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
com.redhat.rhn.frontend.servlets.SessionFilter - Error during transaction.
Rolling back
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception occurred inside setter of
com.redhat.rhn.domain.action.script.ScriptAction.scriptActionDetails

It has nothing to do with the EmptyVarcharInterceptor. Its a non-relevant warning, the interceptor is interested only in string setter methods (columns).

This is a complete different story. A problem in scheduler Action (ScriptAction) during save to database.

    /**
     * @param scriptActionDetailsIn The scriptActionDetails to set.
     */
public void setScriptActionDetails(ScriptActionDetails scriptActionDetailsIn) {
        scriptActionDetailsIn.setParentAction(this); // NPE here
        scriptActionDetails = scriptActionDetailsIn;
    }

At a first sight I cant really determine where the problem is. Andy please file a bugreport and provide full information how to reproduce this. I can take a look later (but I am next week off).

--
Later,
  Lukas "lzap" Zapletal