On 10/04/2011 01:27 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Choosing default option without thinking is not good way. Rpmconf help
you find rpmsave/rpmnew and can help you to show diff, delete one or the
other, but is not magic wand which automatically pick up best
configuration for you.
Your brain is still needed.

Should have skimmed the manpage prior to use as I didnt realize it would destroy the files. I was thinking it would have left everything as is, including the rpmnew/rpmsave files. Otherwise Id have simply done what I did the second time and merged on my own.

When you use:
  rpmconf --frontend=vimdiff -a
you can press M and merge the configuration files manually.
You can use more frontend differs - I personally use kdiff3.

Will keep the M option in mind as I dont typically use vimdiff, etc. Typicall I use diff/patch. Thanks.