Hi,

this plugin is general for libzypp. This means also yast can access spacewalk
after it is installed. It is not limted to zypper commandline tool.

About the error: Are you sure, that mirror process on spacewalk of the suse
repos is finished and the metadata are already created?

Missing metadata could be a reason why yast display this message.

Am Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012, 13:31:07 schrieb Alan Pittman:
> If all of the Spacewalk client components installed correctly, there is a
zipper plug-in. So instead of using yast, you issue the following from the
command line:

boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of trum...@gmail.com
> Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:38 PM
> To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
> Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Register Suse Systems
>
> On , Alan Pittman <alan.pitt...@publix.com<mailto:alan.pitt...@publix.com>>
wrote:

> > Here's how I manage opensuse, hopefully this helps. This is an answer to
similar question a while back.

> > Hi Chuck,
> >
> >   I use Spacewalk to manage a couple of opensuse 12.1 machines.
> >

> > Here's what I've got setup, using 32bit as the example:
> >
> > Parent Channel:
> >

> > Channel Name:     opensuse12.1-i586
> >
> > Channel Label:    opensuse12.1-32bit
> >
> > Parent Channel:   (none)
> >
> > Yum Repository Checksum Type:       sha1
> >
> > Architecture:     IA-32
> >

> > Update channel (note: I have two child channels, just showing the update
channel here):

> > Channel Name:     opensuse12.1-i586-updates
> >
> > Channel Label:    opensuse12.1-32bit-updates
> >
> > Parent Channel:   opensuse12.1-i586
> >
> > Yum Repository Checksum Type:       sha1
> >
> > Architecture:     IA-32

> > Repo for the update channel:
> >

> > Repo label: opensuse12.1-32bit-updates-repo
> >
> > Repo URL:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.1/
> >

> > To sync the channel, I created a script that I schedule via cron:
> >
> > [root@taeps001 ~]# cat /usr/local/bin/sync-opensuse12-32.sh
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> >
> > /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel opensuse12.1-32bit-updates --type
yum

> > When the sync runs, I get a log of messages that look like this:
> >

> > Package arch x86_64 incompatible with channel opensuse12.1-32bit-updates
> >

> > You need not worry about them, opensuse places both i586 and x86_64 rpms
in the same remote repository. Spacewalk will receive them, but since I'm are
trying to sync a 32 bit channel (ia-32), the x86_64 packages just exist in
"limbo".
> > Going to "Manage Software Packages" and in the Channel field, select
"packages with no channels", the x86_64 packages will display.

> > If you create an opensuse x86_64 channel and run a sync, these "limbo"
packages get pushed into the x86_64 channel. At least, that what it appears to
do.

> > On the opensuse machine, I just followed these procedures:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients.
> >
> > The machines don't have internet access, so I manually downloaded the
spacewalk-client packages and installed them.

baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/spacewalk:/1.7/openSUSE_12.1/

> > Hope this helps.
> >

> > Alan

get the suse system to register with spacewalk server. but if I bring up yast
it complains about update repo not being defined?

--
Regards

        Michael Calmer

Michael Calmer