From: spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Paul Robert Marino
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 12:12 PM
To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Mutli distro kickstart issue.

Look at candlepin and subscription manager on a host registered with Red Hat
its actually fairly obvious how to do it with Spacewalk 2.x.
The reason I am not specifically telling any one how to do it is I just don't
know if I would be violating any NDA's and or support agreements if I wrote a
guide on how to do it.

Also a possible alternative I havent had time to fully investigate is this
https://github.com/splice/spacewalk-splice-tool It's used in the latest version
of RHN Satellite 5.x. The one problem is that SAM is compiled against Jboss 6
and spacewalk is compiled against jpackage 5 so the cant be on the same host.
Although in theory if spacewalk could be compiled against Jpackage 6 or even
better Jboss 6 they should be able to run on the same host. Essentially what it
does is it syncronizes Spacewalk with SAM is the stripped down core of Satellite
6 (its equivalent to a spacewalk proxy) so in theory it could allow you to have
the best of both worlds. My only problem with it is for some reason it needs
Mogodb which I find odd since both Spacewalk and SAM use PostgreSQL.