From: spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:spacewalk-list-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Michael Mraka
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2017 03:41
To: spacewalk-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to jabber

[This is an external email. Be cautious with links, attachments and responses.]

Ree, Jan-Albert van:
> While I agree that sqlite is better than berkeleydb why not make
> PostgreSQL the default if the PostgreSQL database is already being set
> up during installation ( ie spacewalk-setup-postgresql is called )

We try to keep configuration unified accross different spacewalk variants.
And because jabberd can't connect to oracle we would need to configure it with
sqlite anyway in case of spacewalk with oracle backend.

If you want to try jabberd with postgresql backend see Avi's blog
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__omg.dje.li_2017_03_configuring-2Dspacewalks-2Djabberd-2Dto-2Duse-2Da-2Dpostgresql-2Dbackend_&d=DwIGaQ&c=GUDVeAVg1gjs_GJkmwL1m3gEzDND7NeJG5BIAX_2yRE&r=zxSMv3Yyn0u8GiLjBm805qsHQ-PQnlWklaJFaNwJsRdou0Rx32Ld6bt57-Tq1kdA&m=VpK_HJV5w79miGmmoWw-Di5ULIgMMmIkW7JWZLrUctI&s=pCbYSthwAo2SGk-gle2dZoAwXrKOelWZxjmkvQUL4tM&e=

> Our modest installation (roughly 80 clients) still wasn't rock solid using
> sqlite (instead of crashing almost daily it became a 'once a month' thing
> where the DB got corrupted), only after moving to PostgreSQL do we now have
> an osa-dispatcher/jabber/osad setup which requires virtually no maintenance
> and is pretty much crash-proof.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jan-Albert