Hi,

> On 1 Dec 2017, at 8:24 am, Robert Paschedag <robert.pasche...@web.de> wrote:
>
> Am 30. November 2017 21:15:22 MEZ schrieb "oogiej...@yahoo.com"
> <oogiej...@yahoo.com>:
>> I am looking at using spacewalk for orchestration - for instance, I
>> want to be able to upgrade an app on a group of servers every month
>> without any downtime.  To do this, I would need to ensure that the app
>> installs successfully on every server within a specific time frame.  I
>> have osad running on my servers so that in theory as soon as I send a
>> remote command from spacewalk it should run on the server, but keep
>> running into servers where commands don't run until I manually login
>> and run rhn_check.  So I'm thinking if I have rhn_check run from cron
>> every 15 minutes then the remote commands will always be picked up.  Is
>> there any downside to running rhn_check this frequently?
>
> Please try to stop osad on the problem systems, remove the
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth file and restart osad. This might fix your
> problem that jobs are not picked up instantly.

Alternatively, see if switching jabberd on your Spacewalk server from
BerkeleyDB to SQLite makes it more stable. Instructions are here:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E85212/html/swk26-jabberd.html
<https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E85212/html/swk26-jabberd.html>

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496