> I'm setting up another mail system and I'd like to be able to deliver the
> site-wide spam to a single maildir, while letting everything else get
> delivered by vpopmail.
>
> So far I've been unsuccessful because Procmail seems to want to
> either deliver
> everything or nothing; it doesn't (or rather I don't know how to
> tell it) to
> not deliver if no spam has matched, but to deliver if spam was detected.
>
> My /etc/procmailrc:
> DROPPRIVS=yes
>
> :0fw
> | spamc -u long_user -f
>
> :0e
> {
> EXITCODE=$?
> }
>
> :0:
> /opt/vchkpw/domains/gate-way.net/spam/Maildir/
>

> and my .qmail-default:
> | preline procmail | /opt/vchkpw/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
>
> I've got SpamAssassin running on other systems but they mangle
> the header and
> still deliver the spam; this is for a mid-size dialup ISP.
>
> Is it possible to have procmail optionally deliver and otherwise
> just spit the
> mail out to stdout?  I saw Dave Weiner's maildrop scripts,
> perhaps that is
> the better solution?
>
> Regards,
> Andrew

First make sure you have added the "seek.diff" patch to vpopmail so that
vdeliver can accept multiple pipes.  Next change bottom of procmailrc to:

:0fw
| spamc -u long_user -f

:0e
{
EXITCODE=$?
}

# next line grabs only messages that have been tagged as SPAM
:0:

# This one sends everything nonSpam to stdout
:0

Also change your .qmail-default to:
| preline procmail -p -m /path/to/procmailrc | /opt/vchkpw/bin/vdelivermail
'' bounce-no-mailbox

I have been using this for about a week now and it works fine.
---
Ed.