On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

>     I get a couple of mass-mailed newsletters that get mangled by
> SpamAssassin. SA is the only filter I'm running, so it must be
> responsible... it is possible that there is something that I can change in
> the config that would fix this. I'm using Outlook Express as my mail reader.

  We had several of our customers unhappy about the default
  enabling of defang_mime
  Seems like this interferes with some mail clients and html
  email.
  We have set if to off in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
  and haven't had additional complaints.
  As we have a seperate package for virus filtering, it's not as
  critical as in some installs where it could protect you from
  Really Bad Things.

  All in all, SpamAssassin is a promising product. I've been
  procmail filtering every spam report and it appears SA
  is going to save me *alot* of time in the near future when
  we educate our folks on how it's used. Good work, guys!

---
   John Johnson - System Administrator;  Sirius Systems Group
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    KJ5AA
   (580) 355-6436