As some of you probably noticed, I fell a little behind in following/answering
SATalk mails last week.  I'm in the middle of kicking off a big new project
which is consuming much of my time, so I might not be answering postings to this
list as frequently and rapidly as I have in the recent past.  I will get to them
eventually though (at least on weekends or monday mornings).  Part of the issue
has been that the huge success of SA in recent times has dramatically increased
the volume of postings to the list to a level where it's hard for me to follow
them all, respond to queries, make bugfixes and feature enhancements, etc, etc,
etc.  What would be really helpful to me would be assistance in the form of
a frontline support type person who could answer mailing list FAQs (people have
been very good at this on this list actually already, but I need to spend time
reading the list to make sure everyone got answered), direct people to bugzilla
if they're reporting bugs or requesting features, and escalate any issues that
aren't solved by list folks to my attention.  That would allow me more time to
deal with the more complex questions/answers, clear issues from bugzilla, and
otherwise make changes to SA.  The amount of development work is not all that
substantial, but the interrupt-processing of handling a few hundred list emails
per week is getting to be hard to keep up with, particularly when other non-SA
workloads increase.

Volunteers would be well rewarded with lavish praise and mention on the Credits
page of the SA website.  Not to mention lots of good karma so you won't get
reincarnated as a fruitfly next time round.

In the meantime, if regular readers could point out the reason for slow response
to some questions to our newer users if they get excited, I'd be much obliged.