----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Metheringham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 9:46 AM
Subject: [Exim] Spamassassin config for running from exim

<snip>

>   # in directors
>   # Spam Assassin
>   spamcheck_director:
>     # When to scan a message :
>     #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
>     #   -   it isn't already scanned
>     #   -   it didn't originate locally (as long as I don't harbor
spammers :-))
>     condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}} {1}{0}}"

Nigel,

I've got this configuration working here (since yesterday :-) and it's
working fine, much easier to set up than other methods I've seen. However,
I've got a question: Can you think of a scenario where a message would hit
the spamcheck_director and _already_ be flagged as spam? I was about to
remove the header check, thinking it was superfluous (and also subject to
abuse by spam mailers), since I can't think of a situation where this would
be necessary.

Also, your comments say that you're scanning messages "that didn't originate
locally", but I don't see that as part of the condition. With this
configuration, a locally originated message to another local user _does_ get
checked (which is fine by me), but a locally generated message to some
non-local domain doesn't get checked.

Thanks for this simple configuration; hopefully you can shed some light on
these (admittedly) small issues.