Theo,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> majordomo doesn't actually change anything.  the bounce is essentially a new message
>with the old
> message as the body.  so you could do something like this:
>
> perl -nle 'next if (1../^\s*$/) or /^>From /; print;' < bounce > fresh
>
> > So... has anybody already solved this problem - say by writing a script
> > that does this all automagically?
>
> I haven't tested this very much myself, but ...

<snip>

Thanks for the advice. It's good for the spam that gets directed at lists,

But, now I realize I have another problem - spam that gets directed at
majordomo itself - which I seem to get several of a day. For these
messages, the following sequence occurs:

- the spam arrives at majordomo

- majordomo generates an error message interspersing the original spam
with lines reading >> **** Command ... not recognized, and then appending
the majordomo help file

- it then sends that heavily mishamshed message back to the avowed
sender

- the original sender address, usually, is either non-existant or has a
full mailbox, so...

- the majordomo error message gets bounced back to my postmaster address

So... to report the original spam to razor, I have to unmunge this whole
mess.  Sigh...

Miles