On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 12:16:10PM -0600, Dan Wilson wrote:
> /var/run/.nscd_socket is not found.  I'm not sure what creates that though.
> Any suggestions would help.  Another user mentioned that I should have
> a /var/run/spamass.sock= file, that I could just symlink, but that doesn't
> exist either.

nscd is "Name Service Cache Daemon", it's not SA related.

SA 2.11 also doesn't use sockets.  It's an option in 2.20 I believe
though.

Try making sure you can connect to spamd.  Run "telnet localhost 783"
and enter a single blank line.  You should get back something like:

SPAMD/1.0 76 Bad header line:

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
If I were rich my butler would answer my mail.