> I know this is a non-answer, but what sort of scores are your false
> positives getting?

About 5.0 to 13, depending on the type.

> If they're all tending toward 5.1-10, you might be able to raise your
> threshold rather than messing with the GA scores. I use a threshold of 7.0
> and haven't had a false positive in about a month.

Nope, I don't want to raise the floor and let more spam through.  I was going
to do this but it's really a non-answer, as the GA just has to be better
tuned with the particular type of spam I'm receiving.

> If they're all coming from a similar source (i.e. a mailing list) you might
> be better off whitelisting rather than changing scores.

Whitelisting is nasty but I have been adding the spammier-but-legit places
like chapters.ca, canadiantire.ca, mailbits, etc. to my SQL table.
Whitelisting is a stopgap measure at best.

> If you're getting false positives with really high scores, you might let us
> know which rules they're hitting, as the rules might need work.

The biggest (by far) is Yahoo and MSN/Hotmail addresses.  You know, Antie Em's
niece's brother's best friend forwarding HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in +7 font or
forwards of forwards of recipes or jokes.

One thing I have noticed (and added to my list of tests) is that MSN/Yahoo
email which is not spam always has one of several of their headers at the
bottom.  I think I'm scoring those tests at -7 right now (yes it's that good
of an indicator, at least until the spammers figure it out).

My actual hit rate with SA2.20 since 8pm on May 9:
clean messages: 25625
spam messages: 12794
false positivies: 175

33.15% of all our incoming mail is spam, and SA has a 99.322% success rate.
Not bad!

By including my specific tests and running those 175 through the GA I'm sure I
can get it to less than one a week (which is my goal).

My modified scores for SA2.20 right now are as follows:
score INCIID_MSG                        -10
score M_AND_M_MEATS                     -10
score FROM_AND_TO_SAME                  0.00
score SUBJ_ALL_CAPS                     0.90
score LOCAL_ISP                         -7.00
score MAILBITS_EMAIL                    -9.0
score SUBJ_MISSING                      1.50
score PLING_PLING                       0.00
score PLING                             0.00
score GROUPS_MSN                        -4.0
score LINES_OF_YELLING_3                -1.75
score FWD_MSG                           -1.7
score GROUPS_MSN                        -5.0
score GROUPS_YAHOO_1                    -1.5
score GROUPS_YAHOO                      -1.5
score FAKED_UNDISC_RECIPS               1.40
score HOTMAIL_FOOTER1                   -7
score HOTMAIL_FOOTER2                   -7
score HOTMAIL_FOOTER3                   -7
score HOTMAIL_FOOTER4                   -7
score HOTMAIL_FOOTER5                   -7
score MSN_FOOTER1                       -7
score MSN_FOOTER2                       -7

Regards,
Andrew