Looking at the thread I can't easily tell how spamc was invoked in this
case...

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 19:06, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Corwin Grey wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing that exim is still running as root at the time it calls
> > spamc (i.e. it hasn't gone into it's 'local delivery' mode yet). Can you
> > configure Exim to call the spamc later in the delivery process?

It would be unlikely to have it running as root - far more likely to be
running as the exim user

> Oh have exim pass the username to "spamc -u ...", which might be easier.

Depends how you invoke it - as in one run per user delivery or one run
per message.  I invoke as one run per message (no matter how many users
its being delivered to), by a custom director/transport pair.  In this
case spamc runs as user spamkill (a trusted user for exim so that the
reinject works OK).  Its pretty hard to get exim to run things as root.

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]