Jm's autoreply told me to mail it here :)

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:14:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Paul Wouters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SpamAssassin idea?

Hi,

I noticed that lately, spammers are using a trick to "hide" the place
where they are sending from by using your MX name as the "originating"
server, eg:

by expansionpack.xtdnet.nl (8.11.6/8.9.3) with SMTP id                    g5PKpSG11420
                                                                     for
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:51:28 +0200

Clearly, 216.139.180.4 is not smtp.xtdnet.nl. I wondered if it would
be possible to somehow integrate this information in SpamAssassin. I
guess it is tricky, since it's not always that obvious, but perhaps
some "internal MX names" list could be defined that should never appear
outside the local ip range.

I guess it's fairly difficult to actually use, but I do notice lots of
spam that SpamAssassin is not catching has this property.

Cheers,

Paul

--

"Movie scripts no longer write, George Lucas shall"