I've set up SpamAssassin 1.20 on my account on a shared FreeBSD server
(i.e. I don't have root access), and it generally works perfectly, but
about one email in ten generates the following error (taken from my
procmail log, with the address the email forwards to deleted):

procmail: Program failure (-9) of
"/usr/home/plokta/bin/SpamAssassin/spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded