A new one dropped in today:

>From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Tue Sep 17 02:32:10 2002
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 05:33:13 -0400
From: "Win-a-Bike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: " " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fwd: FWD: Your Motorcycle sweepstake entry.

Forward:

Free signup limited seats available. Make sure
you grab this golden opportunity while still valid.
A perfect chance to win a bike.

Why buy a bike? You could easily win a Harley!

This is not a dream. Just signup and get approval
online and enter the Harley-Davidson Visa sweepstakes.
http://www.harleyfanclub.com/cgi-bin/offer.cgi?affid=63
(Valid to U.S. residents age 18+ only)

Signup and test your luck. Why not?

Simply signup and enter the sweepstakes until
December 31st 2002. No purchase, no obligations!
http://www.harleyfanclub.com/cgi-bin/offer.cgi?affid=63

Signup to enter the sweepstakes every month!

Join and Win a FREE RIDE! We are giving away
one Harley-Davidson motorcycle every month!
http://www.harleyfanclub.com/cgi-bin/offer.cgi?affid=63

Dave Kawasaki
HarleyFanClub

To make suggestions, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was surprised this fairly lengthy spam only shows up with a 1.8 score.
Any suggestions on how to up the ante and bounce this sort of solicitation?

By the way, the originating domain, md009.com, is registered in Nassau.
Should Spam Assassin query the name registration record and bump the count
for e-mail coming in from domains registered in such exotic places (<g>)?

question on blacklisting: if the entire mail above is fed into
"spamassassin --remove-from-whitelist" will SA scan the To: and cc: lines as
well, thus inadvertently removing the recipient from the whitelist? If the
receipient ([EMAIL PROTECTED] above) were previously explicitly added to the
whitelist via "spamassassin --add-to-whitelist" does that him permanently to
the whitelist?  Will "spamassassin --remove-from-whitelist" always remove
all listed id's?

Was also wondering if --report and --remove-from-whitelist can be used in
combination to both report the spam, and remove the offender from the white
list? The reason I ask, is that I've added the following procmail recipe
into my .procmailrc file:

#
# send a spamassassin report
# (below, the $ME variable is set to the e-mail address of the
# user executing this recipe)
#
:0 b
* ^From:.*$ME
* ^Subject: spam$
* ? test -x /usr/bin/spamassassin
| sed -n -e '/^From /,$p' | /usr/bin/spamassassin -r

The recipe above scans the *body* of the message, extracting the included
email-message, which is usually included as an attachment, and fires that
off to the spam reporting agency.  I'd like to add the -R switch, as
follows:
| sed -n -e '/^From /,$p' | /usr/bin/spamassassin -r -R
but don't want to inadvertently remove the recipient from the white list, or
the recipient's IP address.