>From another list (for John Hardin's Sanitizer)...
---------- Snip -----------
On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 15:21, Brett Glass wrote:
(Subject, dropped F at start of message.)
> This problem is so common that maybe someone should publish an AQ
> about it. ;-)

Just had this happen the other day because I'd upgraded SpamAssassin
(http://www.spamassassin.org/) and the new version was invoking a Perl
module I lacked. SA, invoked from procmailrc just before the Sanitizer,
would exit with an error message and chop the "F" off the message
boundaries. Fortunately, I was already logging with the machinery from the
Sanitizer so it was easy to find the error message and install the missing
module.

So, once again, procmail gets very unhappy if its filters die prematurely.