Thanks for the help, and sorry for my slow response.  I wanted to move my
SpamAssassin equipped server into production to see if that made any
difference with the RBL lookups.  But I still don't see any indication that
RBL is being performed.

How would I tell if RBL lookups are being performed?  Shouldn't I see a
"SPAM Hit:" message?

Yes, I can do DNS lookups.

By the way, with just the default settings and no fine tuning, SpamAssassin
is catching about 98% of our spam with no false positives (except a couple
of borderline lists that we don't want anyway).

Thanks again for the help.
Tom