I would like to suggest a change to the auto-whitelist function.

Currently, the AWL function can increase or decrease the score. However,
since SPAMMERS almost never use the same email address for different spam
runs, there is little to no value from increasing the spam score of an
email from the whitelist data.

There are, however side effects. For example: I just turned on the AWL
feature and changed my system procmailrc file. I now send myself some
example SPAM to see what happens. My own email address now has a high spam
score associated with it in my whitelist database. Now, the next normal
email that I send myself is AWL-ed to have a high spam score.

There may be other side effects also. The side effects may be minor, but my
basic point is that there is never a case where the score of a genuine spam
will be increased by the AWL feature.

So, can the AWL feature be modified to only reduce the spam score?

Simon