* Jack Coates ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote this on 10 05, 02 at 12:39:
> To reinforce what a bad idea that is, here's an average week's worth of
> false positives in my quarantine box:
>
> three online-billing notifications (Citibank, AT&T, Working Assets)
> two LPI newsletters, one of which was important
> four alerts from Mon
> twenty-three Zope mailing list posts
> thirty-six Postfix mailing list posts
> seven LEAF mailing list posts
> seven freshmeat announcements

Really? None of my LEAF posts this week got tagged as spam, Jack. I've temporarily
unsubscribed from the postfix list (I was starting to drown in email :-),
but I wasn't noticing any FPs up until last week or so.

Actually, my FP ratio has been very good with SA lately. I had a largish
number of FPs with 2.20 (mostly mailing lists posts, as you are), but hardly
any with the latest 2.41 version (from Debian unstable).

I use amavisd-new to virus-scan, and also spam-scan, from postfix. However,
I don't quarantine spam - I let everything pass thru to the user.

> Most of this stuff I don't care about, true. However, I don't want to
> forget about paying my credit card bill because I did something stupid
> that blocked the reminder.

I'd say this reason would trump any auto-delete argument anyone can come up
with. :-)

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348