spamassasin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-13 19:43:36 +0300]:
> X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC   (2.7 points)  RBL: DNSBL: sender is Confirmed Spam Source
>
> Why only 2.7 points and not something higher to delete mails that are known
> spam?

The sender may be a confirmed source of spam.  It may be an open relay
found by spammers to do their dirty work.  But it may also be a source
of non-spam email too.  If SA scored this high enough to tag based
solely upon source location then non-spam email from that location
would always be tagged incorrectly.  Therefore SA only assigns it a
value that coupled with other markers in the message are most likely
to tag it as spam if it really is spam but not tag it if it happens
not to be.

This behavior is an advantage of using spamassassin instead of using
RBLs as blocking blacklists.  Of course you are free to use RBLs as
blackhole lists if you desire.  I do and so never see the above
messages at all.  It is a configuration choice.  The default generates
less collateral damage in case it is wrong.

Bob