[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Justin Mason) writes:

> Rich Wellner said:
>
>> > take a look at "CORPUS_SUBMIT" in the "masses" subdir of the distribution.
>> > You'll need to get down'n'dirty with CVS and rsync, but it's well
>> > documented.
>>
>> I read that file (from 2.43) and it appears to want to test non-spam
>> messages (4. Run mass-check against your non-spam mail archive.).  What I'm
>> interested in is contributing knowledge of spam messages that aren't being
>> flagged currently.
>
> Well, we need balanced corpora; so just spam on its own isn't always a good
> thing.  But those instructions apply for spam, too; use "spam-whatever.log"
> as the upload filename instead.

Balanced, sure.

I had derived the change, but wanted to make sure my guess was correct.

I still think my submissions of spam that isn't flagged by the system is of
particular usefulness, am I deluding myself?  It seems like FP's or FN's would
always be the most useful additions.

I'll start submitting FN's before too long and will submit real mail as well.
I'll need to come up with a way to mark them so I can assure that no FN's leak
into that set, but I'll do my part for the project and contribute in this
small way.

rw2