I'm running spamd sitewide but would like to be able to use
user_prefs.  I read the man page and it indicates that using the -x
option will do this, but its unclear if I need to specify -x to turn
user_pref files on or I need to specify -x to turn user_pref off.
Maybe someone shed a little more light on this subject.

The man page also says the using the -c option will create user_pref
files.  I am using the -c option but don't see a
$USER_HOME/.spamassasin or, of course, a
$USER_HOME/.spamassassin/user_pref

According to the main README:
        Unless you're using spamd, there is no difference in
        interpretation between the rules file and the preferences file, so
        users can add new rules for their own use in the
        "~/.spamassassin/user_prefs" file, if they like.  (spamd disables
        this for security and increased speed.)

I start my spamd via an rc.d script...this is the script:

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
  start)
        # Start daemon.
        [ -x /usr/bin/spamd ] && /usr/bin/spamd -dac && echo -n '
spamd'
        ;;
  stop)
        # Stop daemons.
        kill -TERM `ps ax | grep spamd | egrep -v grep | awk '{print
$1}'`
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0

So what exactly am I doing wrong here?  I want to use both a sitewide
user-pref file and discrete user_pref files.  Can this be done?

Mike Loiterman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Key 0xD1B9D18E