Well, this sounds reasonable, unfortunately I suspect it would be rather difficult and kludgey for the AWL to be able to tell the difference. The AWL operates as a score averager, nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, I think the AWL is in general a fundamentally broken concept, however there are people out there who think otherwise. I will likely never use the AWL feature of SA in any form of production environment. I see very minimal benefit from it's use, and a very long history of severe problems with the AWL.

The greatest benefit in a corporate environment is derived when the AWL is run on "global" basis when all user's wind up running SA as the same user. This is because the email correspondence of people working for the same company is somewhat correlated and someone on the outside that mails in repeatedly usually mails multiple different people inside. ie: a large customer will be frequently contacting your sales, billing, and technical support departments.

Unfortunately this case (global AWL) also exacerbates the problems of the AWL. Your example of an "all_spam_to" user is a very striking example of this. If each user had their own AWL, the all_spam_to of one user wouldn't be a problem. A global AWL is really only possible in the absence of whitelisted users.

From what I can tell very few, if any at all, of the SpamAssassin developers use a global AWL. The fact that the severe 2.42 "white listing spammers using dictionary attacks against sites with global AWLs" wasn't caught prior to release strongly suggests they don't.