On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 01:52:42PM +0100, linus larsson wrote:
> > I noticed a lot of spams have the header "Mime-Version: *.*" missing
> > Maybe it should be rated.
>
> Mime-Version isn't a required header, so I'm not surprised to find lots
> of mails without it.

The thing to check for is the combination of the presence of
Content-Disposition or Content-Transfer-Encoding _with_ the absence of
Mime-Version.  Mime-Version _is_ a required header for MIME-formatted
messages.

A separate rule might test for Content-Type without Mime-Version but there
are some broken MUAs that do that, so it wouldn't be as good an indicator.
Perhaps combined with some of the USER_AGENT tests ...

Just remember that Content-Length is NOT a MIME header and shouldn't be
included in any such tests.