On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Mike Leone wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) had this to say on 12/07/02
>at 20:06:
> > I need to remove a sentence from the report SA generates.  Specifically
> > the part about "This mail is probably spam.".  Apparently it's confusing
> > some of my users.  I'm using MIMEDefang as the milter glue but
>
> What's confusing about it? I can see not agreeing with it, but being confusd
> by it?

I suspect that the author's figured that if the report is included in a
message, the admin must have set required_hits to the value they thought
was appropriate.  I'm not taking this approach however.  I set my
required_hits to 0 so that all positively scored mail gets a report.  I
did this during the intial testing phase and have decided to leave it.
Many of our testers, myself included like to see what score FNs get.  I
also like to see what legit newletters get and respond to the sender to
tell them how to reduce their score.  I'm guessing that's what the
authors' logic is.  I'm just doing things a little differently.

Apparently some of my users take the text SpamAssassin uses in its literal
sense.  They seem to think we're accusing the senders (sometimes family
members) that their mail is spam.  The text means something when used in
the manner I described above, not in manner we're using SA.  I think once
we take that out and tweak a few other things we'll be doing fine.  A few
of the users we're hearing from had what they thought were bad experiences
with a DNSBL. I think they're grapsing at straws for something new to
complain about to reinforce their first arguement.

My $.02
 Justin