And the way I do it is with qmail's badrcptto file.  I smtproute
mydomain.com to a backend Exchange server, so in my qmail gateway, I
have

# cat badrcptto
@mydomain.com

That way, if you send to [EMAIL PROTECTED], you get a 550 saying User
is in bad recipient list, but if you send to user1, user2 or user3, it
smtproutes those emails to the exchange server.

Dallas