On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 07:31:49AM -0800, Steve Thomas wrote:
> Are you sure that they can't differentiate between the OS project and the
> commercial product? Yes, you'd be contributing to NAI's product, but you'd
> also be contributing to my anti-spam efforts (which has zero to do with
> NAI), as well as the anti-spam efforts of thousands of others, as well as OS
> projects such as amavisd-new...

I have to say that I don't understand what the issue is exactly.
NAI could have used code/ideas before too.  The licensing on the OS code
hasn't changed, it's GPL or PAL based on what the end user wants to use.

Granted, NAI is now much more likely to use the code, or at least
rules/ideas anyway, but they could have done that before.

What if Microsoft decided to use the code/rules in the same way and
integrate into exchange/outlook?  There's nothing stopping them, and I
would consider that more dangerous than NAI for competition.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Simple, clear purpose and principles give rise to complex, intelligent