Title: Plain Paper Stationery
Hi all,
I'm really new to this program and list having just purchased the commercial version from Deersoft in Mid-December.  Recently I wrote to the Deersoft customer service folks to ask HOW the program reports each users customized "blacklist" back to the developers so the overall spam filter database can stay current.  {ok, you can laugh now, but somehow I'd gotten the impression that SpamAssassin checked for updated rules on a regular basis as well as reported addresses/mail which I had added to my blacklist with the "Block Sender" and "Block Recipient" filters}

Interestingly enough I got an answer to my question late last week.  First they tell me that this feedback/update function is not available in the commercial version.  Then they make a point of telling me that they "rely on the open source" community to keep the database updated.

The kicker was seeing the messages yesterday about Deersoft being acquired by NAI.  My mind is still trying to make sense of this series of communications/events.

Happy New Year everyone!
Mary