Various pages at:

  http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/

document how I:

  Integrated Postfix, Courier Maildrop and Courier IMAP - on a
  Red Hat 9.0 system.

  Used Courier Maildrop for extensive mail filtering, including
  calling SpamAssassin and Anomy Sanitizer.   The latter is
  a simple, excellent, approach to detecting virus and other
  malware messages.

  Patched Maildrop so it can deliver messages "tagged for
  deletion", which enables mailing list messages etc. to
  be sent to the Inbox, after being copied to their own
  mailbox, tagged for deletion.  Then, all the list activity
  can be seen from the Inbox, without cluttering the Inbox,
  since the IMAP expunge gets rid of them.

There is also some stuff on configuring Netscape 7 / Mozilla Messenger,
with a special focus on IMAP - but it is messy and not finished.

This page also lists, and points to lists of, Web-mail programs.

The script I wrote for converting Mbox mailboxes to Maildirs is
mentioned, but is now being improved and maintained by Juri Haberland at:

  http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

Thanks for SpamAssassin!   With the tweaks I just did, with Bayes and
RBL checks, SA 1.55 would have caught all but 1 of 263 spams this week.
 This is brilliant!

   - Robin