On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 07:12:00PM +0300, Dana Holland wrote:

> I just installed SpamAssassin with MIMEDefang.  I see in the
> message headers that MIMEDefang is scanning, but I don't see
> anything to  indicate that SpamAssassin is working with it.
> I checked the mimedefang filer in /etc/mail and see that it has
> the Spam Assassin code in it.

Does 'mimedefang.pl -feature' list SpamAssassin? I haven't used the
example filter as it is, but instead have just the filter_end part
with SpamAssassin checks and some code to add headers and create a mail
that has the report as the body and attach the original mail in the
good old SA style... attaching the report like the example filter does
seems pointless.

Remember that with MIMEDefang SpamAssassin doesn't do anything to
the mail exect analyse it and return bunch of stuff, so you need to
use mimedefang's functions to make changes to the mail (as is done
in the example filter).

Anyways, it should be easy to debug the filter using mimedefang's
md_log and md_syslog functions and the action_ functions (change
subject for all the mails or whatever).

Try asking the mimedefang mailist list as well.

--
(Mr.) Hannu Liljemark  |  Appelsiini Finland Oy  |  http://appelsiini.com