Michael Bell wrote on Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:59:34 -0700 (PDT):

> Base64 is used quite legitimately by Outlook, Notes, and GW, in
> international settings.

I partly disagree. You can use QP. I don't know how this works for Asian
characters, but it works well for European languages. Not to mention that
you don't need QP for most of them, 8bit is just enough. So, they simply
don't need that horrid encoding as an option in the text/plain or HTML
settings at all. It could appear as an option if you write in a character
set which needs it or have such fonts installed. There's no need to
present it every newbie around the globe as a valid option like Outlook/OE
does.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany