    >> I've been using Bayes and auto whitelisting for several weeks
    >> only, but on a site wide basis (i.e. spamc/spamd triggered from
    >> procmail from sendmail).
    >>
    >> I've been very happy with the bayes learner, but today got a
    >> pretty bad spam into one of the mailing lists I manage, here are
    >> some of the headers and the first paragraph of the spam
    >> (indented by 4):
    >>
    >> ----------------------------

tests=BAYES_60,CLICK_BELOW,KNOWN_MAILING_LIST,RCVD_IN_BONDEDSENDER,USER_IN_WHITELIST
autolearn=ham version=2.54

    Christopher> USER_IN_WHITELIST is coming up because in some
    Christopher> config file that SA is using,
really?  so it must be may own domain, and that maybe there only
because it goes through the mailman mailing list software ..
other advice here?

    Christopher> you have the
    Christopher> sender of this email listed.  It is NOT auto
    Christopher> white list that is doing this.  Auto White list
    Christopher> shows up as AWL in the report.  I had this
    Christopher> happen to me because I stupidly put my own
    Christopher> domain in the whitelist by specifying
    Christopher> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Of course, every spammer that
    Christopher> spoofed an address at my domain got a -100
    Christopher> score.  HTH

Yes, that helped,
thanks a lot Christopher!

Still, for the moment, I have set the score of
"USER_IN_WHITELIST" to 0., for the moment.

I'm hoping for advice of something smarter though...
Martin