I'm using Cyrus IMAP and it stores the messages as individual files. I
just use sa-learn on the messages in the public.spam folder (and I have
a public.ham as well). Since I have to use  cyrus' deliver to feed the
imap folders, I am using mimedefang to call SA and have a global bayes
database.

Hope that helps,
Joe