Anyone have an idea of the Mail::SpamAssassin
 memory requirements?

I realize it will vary depending on configuration /
 options / rules / ... in use.

(SpamAssassin 2.55 on a per user install
 through IMAPAssassin. {perl 5.008}))
Current config
# ok_languages    en
ok_locales       en
skip_rbl_checks  0
use_bayes        0
auto_learn       0
use_razor1       0
use_razor2       0
use_dcc          0
use_pyzor        0
(Although turning on bayes & auto_learn does not seem
 to make a significant difference {yet}.)

I am currently passing only messages smaller than 30k.
 (I have tried <10k, no significant difference.)

This is what I am seeing when running IMAPAssassin
ps -x -m -o vsz,rss,command
  VSZ   RSS  COMMAND
17952 17464  IMAPAssassin
17992 17488  IMAPAssassin
17992 17508  IMAPAssassin
18088 17584  IMAPAssassin
18216 17712  IMAPAssassin
18496 18036  IMAPAssassin

I occasionally get "Out of memory!"
 Might happen after 2 messages, or 100+ messages.
 Might happen on a small (1-3k) message,
  might happen on 30k message.
 Might happen after seconds, might happen after hours.

After restarting IMAPAssassin the message that when being
 processed when the out of memory happened processes normally,
 and IMAPAssassin runs normally for some indeterminate amount
 of messages (several - hundreds), then eventually gets another
 "Out of memory!" error.

I read (somewhere, but can't find it now)
 that spamd takes about 20MB?