On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 04:51:27PM -0400, Dragoncrest wrote:

> >Erm ... _no_, actually. What's in the vicinity of line 420 of
> >/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm
> >on the machine with the problem?
>
>          I've got the same thing you do on like 420 that you have on Line
> 407.  In fact what you have and what I have (I've got SA v2.55) are almost
> 100% identical.
>
> >lines 403-405. This appears to be the area in which your Dns.pm
> >is giving up the ghost, or so I suspect.
>
>          Well, not the same line numbers, but yes.
>
> >Is it possible that your firewall is blocking razor2 access from
> >inside the protected network?
>
>          Nope.  Cause from what I've seen in the logs it doesn't bomb out
> all the time.  It seems to do it at random.  If it did it every time I'd be
> paniced.  But since it seems to be random, I was curious if it was
> something to worry about or not and if it was how to fix it.

Since it is sporadic, I suspect that it is related to connectivity
and/or congestion issues at (a/the) razor2 server(s). This suspicion
is strengthened in my mind by the comment in the code about providing
a better diagnostic than "Bad file descriptor" when the server is
unavailable.

--
Mike Andrews
[EMAIL PROTECTED]