Hi All,
I tried to get amavis-new going with spamassassin but got a little bogged
down when it came to reconfiguring sendmail (call me lazy or dumb or
whatever).  i tried MailScanner and it was _absolutly_ brilliant.  all i had
to do what basically untar and run ./install.sh

it did all the good stuff including setting me up a double-MTA (i'm guessing
that's the right name, i saw it elsewhere) for in and outgoing mail.

yet i don't seem to see it recommended onthis list when it comes what to use
for SpamAssassin?

i personally love it, but i'm interested in others opinion?

secondly.

i've got razor2 & agents installed and it seems to be working because i got
a blocked spam with a Razor score on it.

1.  does razor keep a local list on the SpamAssassin server to save it going
out and looking at the razor servers all the time?    i'm thinking this is
the best way to do it because of less traffic to and from their servers.
secondly we have a fairly slow link and it it was to go out to razor's
servers for every message it would be waiting forever...

2.  i found the razor logs but it says nothing.  had a bit of alook and i
can't figure out how spamassassin calls razor to change it to show more
logging.

anyway.  just some out loud thoughts early on a friday morning (early for me
anyway)..

regards
Matthew