At 05:22 PM 7/23/2003 +1000, Rod wrote:
Hello.

I have just implemented Spamassassin into my E-mail filter and would like some help with sa-learn.

I have all e-mail incomming going to directory /var/spool/mail/user

I'm running Linux, the OS version I doubt would be of benafit, I'm just looking for the propper syntax of the sa-learn program, the E-mailer passed through 1st postfix, then to another server running sendmail.

following is the command line I ha[e on my system, but unfortunatly its not working how I thought it would have worked.

~user/.forward
/home/user/mbox.in

---

#sa-learn --showdots --spam --mbox /home/user/mbox.in

Learned from 0 messages.

Someone recently had a similar issue, and discovered that bayes had been completely disabled in their site's local.cf (use_bayes 0).

Try a spamassassin -tD <sample-spam.txt and the debug output may give you some useful clues as to why bayes isn't running as expected.