Hey Vicki,

> Do I simply set auto_whitelist_factor 0? Does that turn off
> AWL checking? Is there a "better" solution?

You might want to read the FAQ below.  It does not specifically answer your
question but may help.
http://spamassassin.taint.org/faq/index.cgi?req=show&file=faq01.013.htp

If you want to turn AWL off, remove the -a option from spamassassin init
script or however you call it.  Reference:
http://spamassassin.taint.org/faq/index.cgi?req=show&file=faq01.013.htp

>From a subsequent post:
> I am looking for a SA solution.  "Solutions" (aka workaroounds) in
> procmail/exim/sendmail/etc will be politely ignored. I can create
> workarounds for myself. Please don't send them. This is a Spam
> Assassin problem!

You did originally ask for a "better" solution so I will just say the
following.  If you do not find a reasonable solution, you should keep in
mind that some external check might benefit you.  If you can check, via your
MTA or other like Procmail, that some combination of the header from,
envelope from, and/or Received lines do not contain the proper information
then blacklist or reject the message.  AWL is a nice feature and if this is
the only problem, you might want to use a workaround rather than dumping AWL
because of one specific case.  Just a thought.

--Larry