Thanks to AltGrendel, I found the following archive query useful:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-talk&w=2&r=1&s=exchange+perl+sc
ript&q=b

> What are other people doing?  I'm running SA 2.55 w/Postix
> 2.0.13 on two RH 9 Intel servers.

I have a similar config with the exception that I pipe to Procmail which
creates a shell for options like notification, user tagging, and other
checks.  I also created a Webmin module for administration, reporting,
quarantine, etc.

I have not yet implemented Bayes.  Has it helped in a gateway config?  I
have been concerned that Bayesian learning might be detrimental in a gateway
configuration.  I have no real experience to justify my concern other than a
gateway appears to white-wash the individual nature of spam and Bayesian
filtering.

--Larry