> Hello Mark, Michal,
>
> Friday, August 1, 2003, 2:35:25 PM, Mark (M) responded to Michal (MG)
> with:

Possibly.

Your MTA automatically replaces the empty envelope address with
MAILER-DAEMON. So any message with no From address at all (header or
envelope) will appear to have come from MAILER-DAEMON. Quite a number of
viruses do this...

> 2) I don't believe in allowing SA to *stop* email, but I do believe in
> allowing it to score and flag a wide variety of emails. A human can then
> look at the email and decide what to do with it.

Sure, but where is the correlation between an empty envelope-from and Spam
? As far as I can see, there isn't one. I've never come across a single
piece of spam with no envelope from address, on the other hand it is
normal for mailer daemon messages to be like this, so if anything there is
a reverse correlation...but IMHO you don't want to go adding negative
scores as they're so easily abused...

Regards,
Simon