On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:51:07 +1200, you wrote:

  Now you're double posting.   8-)>

>>Second, I took DCC back out of my configuration and the messages
>>stopped bouncing.  I trust that ends that argument?
>
>Well, not really.... :) I don't think the real problem has been isolated.
>
>First, SA doesn't "bounce" messages, unless you configure you MTA to use SA
>as a filter and configure it to bounce messages above a certain score..
>
>In any case, presumably you mean it was going over your threshold ?

The issue was slightly more insideous than that - I have this list in
my SA whitelist, and DCC was still somehow still causing messages to
bounce.  I'm assuming the problem was DCC because when I installed it,
the problem started and when I removed it, the problem went away.
Cause, meet effect.

>The question is why ? What is your required_hits set to ?

My required hits is set to 5.0, but whitelist adds -100.00.  My math
skills are not great, but I figure that shouldn't have been the
problem.

>DCC_CHECK only adds 2.6 points, (depending on the scoreset used) so even
>assuming for a moment that DCC was flagging SA list messages (which it
>isn't, in my experience, and I'm running DCC) then that alone isn't enough
>to push the message over 5.0.
>
>Did you actually examine the headers of any of the messages that were being
>"bounced" to see what scores SA was giving them and what checks were matching ?

To be honest, no.  After I realized DCC was causing things that I
didn't want bounced to bounce ,and they really shouldn't have been
bouncing according to my configuration, I said, quote "Screw this,
there's something seriously wrong here" and removed DCC at speed.

>As you can see, no DCC_CHECK match, and in fact a negative score thanks to
>BAYES, and it even autolearnt it as ham due to other negative score matches.

I'm still teaching BAYES - and looking forward to the day I have
enough samples fed to it.

Mike-

If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have
installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com.  If
email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,
non-attachments.