Hi all -

We just set up shop at a co-lo, started firing off mails to customers that requested to download our product (a spamassassin-based filter, ironically) and discovered that we are the proud owners of part of a class C that has been blocked because the previous owners were spammers. We were politely alerted to this fact by the Manager of the Outblaze Postmaster and Abuse Desk (thanks Suresh!), and he cleared the block on his end promptly.

A short investigation shows us on the Spamhaus block list, and SPEWS (http://www.spews.org/html/S1725.html, who seemed to indicate in their FAQ that I should plead my case you this community). We've contacted our ISP (he.net), but is there anything else I should be doing, or is this an ISP thing?

Doug