Hello,

> >I added a section to the main page of the wiki www.exito.us :)
> >One can't repeat this enough, it is NOT a good idea to automatically delete
> >emails marked spam. Then again, it isn't a good idea to date your cousin,
> >but some people never learn!

   OK, I'll have to admit I darn near sprayed beer all over my keyboard
and monitor after reading that....

> It IS a good idea to delete SPAM if your users DEMAND it -- and you
> circulate a "hold-harmless" just in case an important email is accidentally
> deleted.

   I'll concur that auto-deletion is not the wisest path to follow
but I, too, am being lead down that path at the ISP I volunteer time
to (non-profit, so don't get your hackles up).  I am pushing *very*
hard that if auto-deletion is established that only *very* high-
scoring messages get thwacked, and only *after* we get per-user
configurability running for white-lists.  And, if done, will only
get done at some value > (2 or more) than the tagging threshold.

   I don't do auto-deletion even on my very tightly controlled
mail stream.  The risks are too great.  As an example, I had a mail
message come in from a chap who wanted to talk to me about my
computer "museum".  The message scored a whopping 12.5 -- well
beyond my threshold of 4.2.  If I'd bucketed the message I never
would have seen something important.

   Cheers.