I have got amavis debug running. I have postfix setup to only filter incoming
(using a FILTER command in access_recipients). I have F-Prot installed.

Outgoing messages skip any scans.

Incoming messages only do virus scans, but no SA scans.

I am not sure that this is the problem, but when I start amavisd debug, I get

Aug 26 19:21:35 www.mm-vanecek.cc amavisd[24579]: Found secondary av scanner
FRISK F-Prot Antivirus at /usr/local/bin/f-prot
Aug 26 19:21:35 www.mm-vanecek.cc amavisd[24579]: SpamControl: initializing
Mail::SpamAssassin
Failed to create default user preference file /var/amavis/.spamassassin/user_prefs
Aug 26 19:21:39 www.mm-vanecek.cc amavisd[24579]: SpamControl: done

The directory /var/amavis/.spamassassin/ is created:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] postfix]# d /var/amavis
total 24K
drwxr-x---    4 amavis   amavis       4.0K Aug 26 17:08 ./
drwxr-xr-x   24 root     root         4.0K Aug 25 19:40 ../
-rw-------    1 amavis   amavis        165 Aug 25 23:46 .bash_history
drwx------    2 amavis   amavis       4.0K Aug 26 18:54 .spamassassin/
-rw-r-----    1 amavis   amavis          0 Aug 26 19:17 amavisd.lock
-rw-r-----    1 amavis   amavis          6 Aug 26 17:08 amavisd.pid
srwxr-x---    1 amavis   amavis          0 Aug 26 17:08 amavisd.sock=
drwxr-xr-x    4 amavis   amavis       4.0K Aug 26 19:12 tmp/

I have gone over the doco and configs about 100 times. Obviously I am missing
something ...

Anyone got this working that might give me hint on how to get amavis to call SA??