I was merrily using SpamAssassin (directly, ver 2.55, on Linux).

But the recent virus emails flooded my mailbox, and SpamAssassin tagged most of them as good.

I then installed SpamProbe, and within just 100 messages, it got nearly all of the 50-100 emails I get (mostly spam) tagged correctly..

So now in my .procmailrc, I use both spamassassin and spamprobe - if either of them tags the message as spam, I move it to a bulk folder.

This is working really well!

The point of this message - I thought SpamAssassin included a Bayesian filter, and I am not sure if it is kicking in for me (I understand it needs to learn 1500 email messages?) Also: SpamProbe uses word pairs, etc, don't know if that or other features make it work better right now...