From: Louis LeBlanc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 9:44 AM
To: SpamAssassin Talk
Subject: [SAtalk] question/idea for whitelisted sender handling

Hey all.  With all the noise about Osirusoft, my mail server is
practically on its knees.  I actually had to shut off network tests
for a few minutes to recover.

Anyway, thinking about this gave me an idea.  I know that when SA
finds a message in the whitelist, it pretty much guarantees the
message will get to its destination without being tagged as spam, but
it still performs all the network tests.

Wouldn't it be nice if one could turn off network tests for
whitelisted senders?  I'm sure someone else will have one or more of
the following:

ideas how to refine or improve this idea . . .
reasons why it is a bad idea . . .
how to do it in SA 2.55 . . .

I'm interested in any and all discussion relevant to the above .

Thanks all.
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC